Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Thursday, December 18, 2008
1. I jumped off a really high cliff, into super cold water, just to impress a guy. I was terrified and totally didn't even check for rocks and other dangerous things.
2. I get sick to my stomach during American Idol try-outs. I can't stand watching all the people, good or bad, trying to earn a spot on the show. I feel like throwing up and have to go in the other room. It's like I get so nervous for the really bad singers, wondering who's been lying to them their whole lives that they actually thought they were good and had a chance.
3. I want to go to culinary school. Not to get a job in the food industry, just to have the mad skills in the kitchen.
4. I sometimes miss my old job. I miss working with students and being in the academic world. I don't miss all the stress, rules
5. I love moving. Some people hate it but I like the thought of a new adventure, something different. I'm glad that I'm married to someone who isn't the "This is where I'm going to live forever" type.
6. I hate being cold. I am cold from September to June and though I love the seasons and the weather, I hate that my fingers and toes are always cold. I go to work and wear my coat the entire time. I hate that I have to wear layers to stay warm. I love it when it's +90 degrees - I don't want that everyday, but I love that I feel warm all the time!
7. My biggest pet-peeve is: people who wear socks with their sandals (Birkenstock's being the only exception and only with select styles!) It drives me totally crazy to see people with socks and Teva's/Keen's/whatever! It makes no sense to me - if you are cold enough to need socks, why wear shoes that don't cover your entire foot????? The ONLY person that I let slide is my brother-in-law, Herb!
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Last night, Zoe and I were sitting on the floor playing memory (that child will kick your butt - so you have to pay attention!). Teagan was sitting with us, playing with a toy cell phone and Nathan was laying on the couch and there is a nice, cozy fire in the wood stove. I'm getting all the pieces arranged when I look up and Zoe has the toy phone in her mouth.
"Zoe, that's gross. Get the phone out of your mouth. If I see it in your mouth again, I'm throwing it in the fire."
That was the first thing that popped into my head! She tosses the phone back to Teagan and the game begins. Less than a minute later, Teagan has the phone in her mouth. Being a reasonable mom, I issue the same warning to Teagan, just modified slightly.
"Teagan, what did I just tell Zoe? Get the phone out of your mouth! If I see it in your mouth again, I'll throw it in the garbage!"
Just as drastic but the phone wouldn't be totally destroyed and I could just put it away for awhile. Only problem, Nathan didn't hear me say that, so in his mind it was still going in the fire!
Not more than a minute goes by and as soon as I turn away, Teagan puts the phone right back in her mouth - just to see what we'd do! Nathan gets up, takes the phone from her and throws it into the woodstove! Zoe starts crying and freaking out (why, we still aren't sure, since it wasn't her phone and she wasn't the one who got in trouble. She's bit dramatic that way!). Teagan just sits there with a startled look on her face, realizing that her parents will really do what they say they will.
After things settle down and Zoe isn't sobbing anymore, I ask Teagan, "Are you sad about your phone? You weren't listening and now it is gone."
I kid you not, this is her exact response, "No, I have other phones!"
I look at Nathan, who rolls his eyes as we both realize, Teagan really doesn't seem to care and our big moment of drastic parenting had little effect on our child!
Monday, December 8, 2008
"Yeah?" (my typical response for my mom while I'm at work - it totally bugs her!)
"You're daughter has a question for you - talk to her" as she hands the phone over to Teagan.
"How babies made?"
Geez, thanks Mom! She actually told me she was tired and didn't feel like talking about it! Ummmm, yeah, it's not to hard to tell a 2 year old something about where babies come from!
Saturday, November 29, 2008
By the way, we had a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and lots of food to eat. Duffy's parents were here and it was a lot of fun just hanging out and visiting. Hope that everyone's holiday was full of happy memories and time with those you love!
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
- Zoe, I just love your sparkly jeans - they are beautiful.
- Um, Zoe's mommy, I love your beautiful earrings and necklace - they are really pretty.
Ok, on to my food prep for tomorrow - I have dips to make, salads to prep and a turkey to brine. We are smoking a turkey this year - I CAN'T wait! Yumm-O as Teagan would say!
If I don't get a chance, have a wonderful Thanksgiving - we all have so much to be thankful for!
Sunday, November 23, 2008
Lately, I've been having a hard time with my lists - I don't know if it the never-ending list of things to do or that I just don't have the energy to do the stuff on the lists! I have added several sewing projects that I HAVE to have done by Christmas, so I figure I'm getting a great head-start just thinking about them now! For once, I'm almost finished with my Christmas shopping - I love Internet shopping!
Ok, enough; I should get to the things on my list - tutu's - here I come!
Sunday, November 16, 2008
I am working one afternoon a week at my mom's store - it's fun during the holidays and a little hectic and I always get the customers asking a zillion questions that I don't have answers too. I may start watching our friends little boy, Payton, on Thursdays too. He is so cute and the girls like having him around. Teagan keeps saying, "Hi, little baby" whenever he is around!
Oh yeah, the other BIG change at our house is that we are going to have another BABY! My due date in July 4th (just for you, Carol!!!) and we are all pretty excited. I've wanted to post about it but was waiting until after I saw Kristi this weekend - that is a hard secret to keep! It happened a little sooner than we expected since I had a hard time getting pregnant with Zoe and it took forever with Teagan - so it was a nice surprise this time around.
Ok, off to the park before it gets dark! Have a great night!
Friday, November 7, 2008
- Take a shower
- Go visit Harmony - 36 weeks preg. and has been on bed-rest the last 9 weeks! Come on Baby Spivey, we welcome you to the world any day!!!
- Go to Costco - fun times!
- Put girls down for naps - maybe I'll take one too...
- Work on girls dresses - I have 4 cut out and ready for sewing.
- Figure out rest of gift for Baby Gregory and Kristi- I have one week until the Girls hang out in Bainbridge - I CAN'T WAIT!
- Start gift for Baby Rich - I want to have it done by Christmas but I'll be lucky to have it finished before she is born in March!
- Call/email Stephanie
- Work on Christmas cards - only 54 days!
- Paperwork/Bills/Filing - FUN!
- Figure out the rest of my Christmas shopping - what to get and for whom
Ok, I think that is enough for one day!
Thursday, November 6, 2008
Monday, November 3, 2008
Yes, I know I am a few days late but I didn't have a computer! Hope that everyone had a great Halloween! I've hidden half the candy in the freezer and the rest is going bye-bye by the end of the week!
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Friday, October 3, 2008
Wednesday, October 1, 2008
We have a lot of things going on this month starting with our Annual Girls Get-Away weekend next week. I'm sure I've written about it before, but is a 3 days of girl time with grandma's aunts and cousins. It is relaxing and so much fun to visit, reconnect and watch the little one's play, play, play. On the 17th, my best friend/sanity-keeper/person-who-always-makes-me-feel-like-I-am-really-a-good-mother-no-matter-what is coming to visit. Even though Darah and Guthrie are only coming for the day, I can't hardly wait. I haven't seen her since July 2007 and we are so excited for Zoe, Teagan and Guthrie to play together - It is long overdue! The next day we have a OctoberFest/Harvest Party at Dennis and Becky's, so we will have a busy weekend!
Ok, I will post more tomorrow - I'm going to watch The Hills online because I've missed the last 2 episodes!
Monday, September 15, 2008
Monday, September 8, 2008
First off, everyone is healthy again. Just in time for Zoe to go back to school and get all those other kids' germs!! Last Thursday was her first day of school and it was quite a morning. Duffy was home, we had breakfast, showers and were on time, until we couldn't find the camera. We looked everywhere - diaper bags, purses, cars. No camera. We were late so we rushed to school. Lucky for us, our friend Tracy was leaving as we were arriving and took some First Day of School pictures of Zoe (I'll post when I get them!). She seems to really like her new classroom and teachers and there are 4 girls this year (last year was 2). So far, so good. Teagan is a little bummed that she isn't going to school yet.
I've got the crafting bug, big time. I've finally got my room organized and am starting some sewing projects for the girls. I've got a bunch of bags to sew for our Girls Getaway Weekend (another post), painting projects and making cards, etc. I have a very strong urge to rip up all the carpet in the living and dining rooms and may just do it one of these days - we'll just have to live with the sub-floor until I make up my mind as to what I want to do next!
Ok, I'm going back to being crafty!
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
Friday, August 22, 2008
It will be a oh-so-fun day trying to keep the kid-o's quiet and occupied so Duffy can sleep and I can get ready for our garage sale tomorrow. Crap, that means I have to move the camper to move the boat to move the camper again! This should be fun!
Monday, August 18, 2008
I've been getting stuff together for a garage sale this Saturday - I can't believe how much stuff I can get rid of in a year ! I am also working on a couple of craft projects (paintings for my spare room/office, finally finishing my "Black" painting and some photo stuff). I am also narrowing down my decorating decisions for my living room and dining room (it involves ripping out the carpet, doing some decorative painting, putting in new floors and doing some molding work!). All of this while trying to get my day to day stuff done, work, getting in a few trail runs (don't ask - I think I walk about as much as I run at this point!) Nevermind my dinner to some friends today (just had a baby), book club tomorrow, BBQ Sunday, craft group next Tuesday (at my house this time!) and pre-school open house next Wednesday! AAAAAHHHHHH. I did say I liked things busy!
Monday, August 11, 2008
My girlfriend, Kristi, who is also pregnant, was supposed to have some time off this week and was planning to over for a visit. I was sooooo excited because since our moving to Sequim and her moving to Renton - we NEVER see each other! She ended up not being able to get away from work, thus isn't coming! Hopefully, she can get some time off next month and we are trying to plan to meet for dinner - we'll see, life seems to get in the way sometimes!
My bestest friend, who isn't pregnant (you aren't are you?????), had planned on coming to the NW in September but with buying a new house, getting settled in a new community, and her hubby's vacation schedule, had to put her travel plans on hold too! I'm half tempted to buy myself a plane ticket to go visit her! It is so hard not having your closest girlfriends acutally, physically close sometimes!
Positive things are:
- There has been decent weather and sometimes it's actually warm!
- I'm having a garage sale on the 23rd and will be getting rid of a bunch of stuff (if it doesn't sell, it's being donated - it is not coming back!)
- our pictures from Jessie should be here soon - I'm so excited and can't wait to see them all.
- My brother and sister-in-law, who is also pregnant, are coming home this weekend for a wedding we are all going to on Sunday. I can't wait for the day they tell us they are moving back!
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Thursday, July 31, 2008
Sometimes managing a family, a house and a yard, a part-time job and everyday life makes me crazy! I just want a day to get my craft stuff organized so I can actually do something! Maybe tonight...Oh wait, Last Comic Standing is on!
Sunday, July 27, 2008
1.What is in the back seat of your car right now? Two car seats, a diaper and a magazine. My hubby is sort of anal about keeping the cars clean.
2. When was the last time you threw up? When I was pregnant with Teagan I got the flu really bad for like 3 days.
3. What's your favorite curse word? hmmmm, ask my hubby.
4. Name 3 people who made you smile today? Teagan, Zoe, and Duffy
5. What were you doing at 8 am this morning? Taking Zoe to the bathroom (we were camping)
6. What were you doing 30 minutes ago? Looking at my neighbors new Jeep.
7. What will you be doing 3 hours from now? Sleeping
8. Have you ever been to a strip club? Nope.
9. What is the last thing you said aloud? Told Duffy I loved being married to him.
10. What is the best ice cream flavor? Java Chip
11. What was the last thing you had to drink? Water.
12. Do you look like your Mom or your Dad? People tell me I look more like my mom.
13. What was the last thing you ate? Chocolate Chip Cookie
14. Have you bought any new clothing items this week? Yum, yeah - new Prana cargo capri's - Duffy told me I had to get them.
15. When was the last time you ran? Tuesday
16. What's the last sporting event you watched? The Tour de France and the Olympic Trials for swimming and track before that.
17. What is your pet peeve? People who make lame excuses for their bad/rude behavior.
18. Who is the last person you emailed? Troy
19. Ever go camping? Yes, just got home today from 3 days out at Lake Crescent.
20. Do you have a tan? Yup - I feel naked without it during the summer.
21. What is your favorite indulgence? Things for my house; PURSES (I just got this cool one the other day that I totally love - it has all sorts of cool pockets inside. But my all time fav is the one from my hubby.) Oh and shoes.
22. Would you rather take a week off at home or travel? Travel!!!
23. What do you sleep in? ummm, a tank top and undies.
24. Do you drink your soda from a straw? Once is awhile.
25. What did your last IM say? It was with Darah, so the possibilities are endless!!
26. Are you someones best friend? Yes.
27. What are you doing tomorrow? Taking kids to Grandma's, going to work, picking up kids, hanging out at home, going to dinner and Mamma Mia with Mom and Karen.
28. Where is your mom right now? At home 1.5 miles away.
29. Look to your left, what do you see? A chair and a TV.
30. What color is your watch?Stainless and Black Leather (mine broke so I stole one of Duffy's)
31. What do you think of when you think of Australia? Kangaroos
32. Would you consider plastic surgery? After 2 kids, I can see why some people do it.
33. What is your birthstone? Garnet
34. Do you go in at a fast food place or just hit the drive thru? Drive Thru
35.How many kids do you want? 3 or 4. Have 2 and have Duffy ready for the third. Don't think I can convince him on 4 unless that next is twins.
36. Do you have a dog? Our Italian Greyhound, Luci.
37. Last person you talked to on the phone? My neighbor, Rich.
38. Have you met anyone famous? No, not really.
39. Any plans today? Bed
40. How many states have you lived in? WA and California
41. Ever go to college? Yes.
42. Where are you right now? Computer/Craft/Spare Room
43. Biggest annoyance in your life right now? Feeling stressed about work stuff and being a good mom and wife.
44. Last song listened to? Comin' Home by City and Colour
45. What is your favorite store? Target, The Gap, Macy's, drugstore.com (they have killer deals!)
46. Are you allergic to anything? Grass
47. Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time? I have several favorites: my Danskos (I'm getting a new pair this fall - Yippee!), my mary-jane Crocs, my J-41's (super comfy!), my strappy Chaco sandles....
48. Are you jealous of anyone? No.
49. Is anyone jealous of you? Highly doubt it.
50. What is your dream job? Getting paid to play - doing crafts, sewing, etc. But being with my kid-o's too!
51. What time is it? 10:15pm
52. Do any of your friends have children? Yes - most of them.
53. Do you eat healthy? Try to
54. What do you usually do during the day? Go to work, mommy stuff, cook, clean up at home, laundry...
55. Do you hate anyone right now? Come on - life is way too short.
56. Do you use the word 'hello' daily? Yes.
57. Do you think you have good manners? Yes, I try.
58. How old will you be turning on your next birthday? 32.
59. Have you ever been to Six Flags? Yes - LOVE IT!
60. How did you get one of your scars? I have a 3.5 inch scar on the inside of my left foot from when I walked into the metal rain gutter my dad was installing on our house. I was in 6th grade and it was the first day of Spring Break. 11 stitches later, I spent all of Spring Break on crutches and sitting with my foot up - FUN!
Thursday, July 24, 2008
This past Sunday, we went over to Fort Worden State Park in Port Townsend and the weather was great - warm and sunny; the kids were agreeable and somewhat cooperative (other than the fact that they both pose for the camera!) - I was so nervous that my kids wouldn't cooperate but the day went great. Here is a link to her blog where she has posted a some pictures already.
Jessie - thank you so much! We had a great time and you made everyone feel so relaxed and comfortable. I can't wait to see everything! One of these days, we'll have to get together with the kids too!
Wednesday, July 23, 2008
Thursday, July 17, 2008
- Our vacation was great. We didn't go far but had a lot of fun. We spent a couple of days at my in-laws and the weather was great. We played outside, I got some good time in the sun (one of my most favorite activities!), visited and enjoyed playing with Zach, who is growing up really fast. My sister-in-law, Becky, is pregnant again and due a month before Zach turns 2 so life will get really fun for them!
- Next was Portland. We had a great time visiting my brother and my sister-in-law Bethany. They had to work, but we found lots to do with a day at the zoo, a trip on MAX, the inner-city commuter train, had a fun birthday party for Aunt Bethany (ate at Typhoon - super yummy Thai food and the girls rocked the chopsticks!) and got a little shopping in too! On Friday, the 4th, everyone headed to my grandmother's for an impormptu lunch with extended family then home to Sequim for great fireworks that night. Enjoyed a nice weekend at home then back to reality.
- I worked for a few days then headed back down south to visit with family from San Diego. I got to see my aunt and uncle and some of my cousins, whom I haven't seen in years. It was so much fun visiting and watching our children play together. It made me wish we all lived closer but I was thankful for the chance to all be together.
Grandma June reading to Zoe and Zach
Teagan, Cousin Kallie, Cousin Taylor, Zoe & Cousin Cole
- Now it is another weekend ahead and we have a full agenda as usual. On Saturday, we are heading to Edmonds to attend my Uncle Ben's memorial service. He was a wonderful man who loved life, his family and always a good joke. He is greatly missed and I have so many fond memories from time spent with him. His service will be a time of sharing wonderful memories but also of sadness and tears.
So that is the abbreviated version of what's been going on the past few weeks. My goal is to be better about posting and get at least one post in a week - maybe more!!!
Friday, June 27, 2008
Tuesday, June 24, 2008
Monday, June 23, 2008
Friday, June 13, 2008
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
Example: I have clients that live in Arizona. Not a big deal really, but they are building a house in Port Townsend, WA!! So, they are only here once every 6 months. We communicate via email on a regular basis and decision making has gone rather smoothly (I coordinated all her lighting, cabinets, countertops and now hardware; designed her kitchen, baths, and laundry, and coordinated installation with our installer and the plumbers and electricians). They are super laid back people and the best clients to have, yet, Monday morning, I wake up all stressed out because they are in town. I kept feeling like something was going to be wrong and they were going to be unhappy about something. It's not like things couldn't be fixed - we have until next June before they move permenently! Yet, I still get all worried about stuff - for NO REASON!!! We met yesterday and everything is great - they love their cabinets, there countertops and our installer is helping them do all sorts of other projects.
I am really trying to evaluate the things in my life that I feel stressed about - how much control do I really have? Is it worth thinking/stressing about? Am I the only one affected by my stress or is it affecting my kids, husband, co-workers, etc.? Is the situation going to change because of my stress or will it stay the same??
Monday, June 2, 2008
But there was light at the end - I was going to a little gathering at my bosses house and Duffy was taking the girls on a date. I got some time away, not worrying about home or work, where a couple of glasses of wine cured my crummy day and dad and the girls had good bonding time over hot dogs and ice cream (Zoe wanted to go to Costco for a hot dog!)
My day ended much better than it started.
Friday, May 30, 2008
Tuesday, May 27, 2008
Awhile back, our friend Katie (she does a fabulous job making my hair look good!) gave Zoe tickets for a Princess Cruise. It was one of those Seattle harbor theme cruieses and let me tell you - it was overwhelming for everyone! Zoe got to wear one of her princess dresses and of course, it was one of the hottest days of spring. She refused to walk on the dock, the ramp or the stairs on the boat and every "princess" under 5 should have been napping; there were meltdowns all over the place on top of the ice cream sundaes they fed them! Zoe was scared of the princesses that were part of the cruise until the very end then she cried because she wanted them to come home with us! I've never seen so many grown-up women dressed as princesses in my life! Zoe still talks about it and tells everyone about going on her princess cruise and wants to know when we are going to see them all again. If only she would quit telling people her dad is going to sleep with Cindarella when we go to visit the princesses (in Disneyland)!
Friday, May 23, 2008
About every 2-3 years, I get this urge to move and not just into a new house. Over the winter, I seriously thought I wanted to move to Alaska -Duffy was convinced I needed serious help and that it was only because of Men in Trees. Now, I have seriously considered trying to convince Duffy to move to Iowa (I miss my Darah, John and Guthrie and the houses are so super cute and CHEAP! I'm not sure what we would do to support ourselves though!) I think he would have me committed!
Don't get me wrong, I love Sequim. I am glad we choose to move here, but I know this isn't where we will live forever. When we moved from Olympia, it was a time in our life that we needed the change and we moved for all of the right reasons. Yet, I miss the friendships with people I have history with - people that have known me longer than 3 years! A little history about Sequim culture - it is made of up people who were born and raised here (typical of any small town) but the vast majority of people are from other places. I find it really hard to forge friendships with those that are from here - they are friendly and inviting but they already have their circle of friends, are content with their lives and starting new friendships seems to take FOREVER and not a real priority!! Most of our friends are transplants, like us. And anyone that knows me well knows that I just don't jump into friendships - it takes me awhile and it seems a lot harder when you have kids - you sort of become friends with who your kids know. We thought getting plugged into a church would help, and it has to some extent, but that has come with it's own set of issues for another post!
So yes, I like change but I think I sometimes like it for the wrong reasons. When I'm unhappy about something, change seems like a good idea. But it's really just a way to escape what I don't like. And in reality, I'm really happy here - my parents are close and I love being able to spend time with them; I have the funnest, most relaxing job any mom could ask for with employers that are more like family than bosses and we have friendships with really great people. I'll have to save my urge to move somewhere drastic for another time!
Monday, May 19, 2008
So, after 12 years of listening to me whine and complain and buy jeans that I wear only a handful of time, my husband got me the greatest gift for Mother's day, Indi Jeans. So, now, I will have no excuse; I will have jeans made just for me! I'll let you know how it goes!
Friday, May 9, 2008
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
I spent half the night up with Zoe and her itchy tummy rash - she was miserable! She finally passed out in our bed after Duffy got up for work. My alarm went off at 6:30am, I snoozed once until the coffee was finished then got up. She's still asleep but we have to get moving soon - we all have to be dressed and ready since it's a school day. It's amazing how quickly you can get showered, dressed and ready when you have too!
Monday, April 7, 2008
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
So, while thinking of things, I realized I'm insainly jealous of some of my friends. I don't think of myself as a jealous person, there is no real point in it really and maybe it's more that I admire the skills and talents of my friends. Take Jessie - she is an amazing photographer and her blog makes me laugh out loud and wish I lived closer so we could hang out. My bestest friend, Darah, is a great writer, mother, daughter and crafter (how she finds the time, I don't know!) Katie does magic with my hair and makes me feel good about myself, even when she's having a bad day. Even when stressed and at the end of her rope, she is hopeful and obedient. Danika is a wonderful mother who is full of energy and life and I sooooo wish I could look as good as she does - that would involve taking up running and I don't see that in my near future unless she becomes my personal trainer!!!
So, instead of being jealous, I decided to share what I admire about women in my life. I plan to do this on occasion because it makes me feel good to see how talented the people around me are!
The only problem was that we came home to 2 girls with colds - yippee for me. And Teagan has officially entered the terrible 2's! Yesterday marked her first "official" time out and I so wish I would have taken a picture! She was screaming about something and basically have a bit of a melt-down and Duffy picked her up and put her in her room. I thought he put her in her bed, but no, she was sitting on the floor, just inside the door crying but not moving from where he had set her. After a few minutes I heard her calm down and that was the end of time out. Isn't reality fun?
Friday, March 28, 2008
Have a great weekend!
Monday, March 24, 2008
Riding our new bike!
Wednesday, March 5, 2008
So this year, Zoe has a favorite. I expected it to be a blonde, princess girl (we are into princesses at our house - lucky!) or a cute boy. Boy was I wrong. Zoe's favorite American Idol contestant is........ are you ready........Duffy and I can't stand her! I think she looks like Cruella DeVille and her singing is horrible! I'm so ready for her to go home! But Zoe is a die-hard fan. She loves her hair and her clothes! Maybe she'll grow up to be a punk/rocker/biker chic instead of a princess (Zoe actually thinks we are going to go to another country and visit a princess one day!)
Wednesday, February 27, 2008
Thursday, February 21, 2008
He has lovingly named her Elsie (or LC for Land Cruieser) - welcome to our family, I guess....
We spend some time discussing the books we read but it was been more of a chance to learn and grow from each other. It is amazing the story each person has to tell, since we have all lived out different experiences and challenges. Thank you for making my world bigger!!!
Friday, February 15, 2008
So far today we've played house, built a tent, took it down (Zoe had some time in time-out over this part) and now they are filling back-packs with play food and toys and heading out on an adventure to my bedroom! Sounds like loads of fun!
Wednesday, February 6, 2008
It has become this neverending task to clean my craft desk. Just ask Darah - we talk about it almost every Friday over coffee. It's embarresing. I'm stifuling my creativity because I can't seem to clean my desk!! I have all sorts of ideas but they are all in my head at this point in time!
So, Darah was telling me about her friends cleaning routines, etc. and mentioned doing 15 minutes of decluttering everyday - I think I will start that, today, after I finish my coffee. Maybe after my shower and getting the girls dressed. Does thinking about it count? See, I'm back to my motivation issue!
Saturday, January 26, 2008
We started the year out with a month of birthdays! First is my brother-in-law, Herb (Jan.7th), then my sister-in-law, Becky (Jan. 13th). My birthday was Jan. 20th - very low-key but nice; my brother was in town and we had a nice day with family and friends. To finish out the month, my nephew is turning one on the 29th!
I made an observation several years ago about my husbands family - all of them - Duffy, his parents, and siblings - all have birthdays within a 4-week period of time (Late May-Mid June) and all of the new kids (myself, Herb and Becky) all have our birthdays in January, in a 2-week period of time. I'm not sure what it's supposed to mean, but I thought it was interesting.