Wednesday, December 19, 2007
I should be finishing my shopping (online of course - Darah, I'm talking about your stuff!!! I keep changing my mind on what to do for you guys!!) but I get side-tracked by stuff that I want! Hmmm, maybe that is because my husband, gotta love him, decided to buy himself a present yesterday - a new gas bbq. It was on sale you know! So I in turn bought him some shoes he is going to wrap up and put under the tree for me!
I should be finishing the chicken stock I have simmering on the stove but I so don't want to right now!
I should be figuring out my grocery list so I don't have to make 5 trips to the store in the next week!
I should wrap my book for my book club party tomorrow night; hmmmmm, what book am I giving away? Maybe the cookbook I got last year that I just never cracked open.
I should find out if my brother-in-law, sister-in-law and nephew are coming up next weekend with my in-laws. I really want them too but I don't know what they are doing.
I should just wave my magic wand and everything will be done. Oh wait, I don't have one yet! Damn!
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! What were we thinking???
I stood in line last Friday, paid $45 to ship a small cooler to Cleveland that the guarenteed would be there by 12pm Saturday. And then we waited. And waited. And waited. Duffy called his sister late Saturday night and left a message. She called back Sunday - no crab! I went online, tracked the package and it looked like it never left the Northwest!
So I stood in line at the post office on the busiest mailing day of the year to find out what to do and get my money back for postage. The guy was friendly but didn't do much other than tell me the Post Master would call me later. He never called.
I went back to the PO today, got a bit more information and they still have no idea where my crab are!!! SO, if it is ever delivered or returned, it is sure going to smell good!!!!
Friday, December 7, 2007
Zoe was a great help with decorating. She asked daily for a week if she could help me decorate the house! Three year olds and decorating are a lot of fun! She wants to help with wrapping but I'm just not that patient these days!
Wednesday, November 21, 2007
The good thing is that the girls are playing so nicely together. They have been sick off and on the past couple of weeks and even though they still are coughing, they are actually playing together and it doesn't involve screaming, pulling hair (Teagan's new thing to piss off Zoe!), or crying - oh wait, I spoke to soon! Their sisterly bond is so sweet!
Thursday, November 15, 2007
- My husband - he makes me smile everyday and is such a great friend and father.
- My girls - yes, they make my life crazy, but in a fantastic way! I am in awe everyday at all that they learn and how they make me laugh.
- My family - I have be truly blessed with great parents and in-laws.
- My siblings - my brother and all my in-law siblings. How great it is to have family that cares for one another and enjoys time together.
- My job - I love my job! I learn something new everyday and feel valued for what I do.
- My Darah - she keeps me sane even if she is 1,995 miles away! We talk almost everyday and the days we don't, I miss her! She is that one person, other than my husband, that I can totally be my dorky self with and she still loves me! How did I get so lucky? I just hope that someday, we get to live closer.
- My health - well, most of the time. Overall, I don't have any real major health issues and that is great!
Ok, I am done for now. It's not that I don't have more to be thankful for, I just have to go get ready for work and take care of sick kids!!!
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
- Zoe getting pink eye - talk about making an already dramatic child more dramatic! You would think I was trying to poke her eyeballs out with pencils by the way she acted trying to get eye drops in!
- Teagan getting a cold - a constant runny nose, sniffly, red eyed (hey, it might be pink eye!) cold. The nice thing is that Teagan is pretty happy-go-lucky, so she just kind of goes with the flow!
- Doing endless loads of laundry. I have no idea what happened but I literally did 1-3 loads of laundry everyday from Wednesday to Sunday! It sucked!
- Doing endless loads of dishes. I realize as my children get older, that we dirty more dished but come on, I ran the dishwasher at least once a day. Sometimes, I'd unload it to simply reload and run again!
- Our friends, the Moerkeseth's didn't come to visit because of the PINK EYE - (I totally understand but was totally bummed!
So, for not have any expectations, I'm really bummed with how things turned out. It's like I have these unconscious ideas of how I'll spend some free time and when it doesn't work out, I'm irritated! I guess that is life as a parent - getting used to the unexpected and learning to accept it as how your life is. And not having too many expectations...
Friday, November 2, 2007
Sunday, October 21, 2007
Monday, October 8, 2007
- Summer was so busy! We spent a lot of time with friends and family and enjoyed the weather, when it was nice and got a bit of camping in too. Our highlight though was going to Iowa to visit Auntie Darah, Uncle John and cousin Guthrie. What a great trip we had - we got to go on the airplane, see all sorts of Iowa corn and play, play, play! It just makes me miss them all so much more!!
- Aunt Kari came to visit recently. Unfortunately, she came out for a funeral, but we still got to spend time with her!
- Teagan learned to walk!! Oh, how our life has changed. Compared to Zoe, she is fearless! She climbs on everything and when you say "No", she just keeps going! She is still sweet as ever and is learning new words everyday. She loves to give kisses and say "Wuv u"
- Zoe and Teagan now share a room - they sleep in the same room at night and it is soooooo cute. Zoe gets up every once in awhile to tell me the Teagan isn't laying down or that she is looking at her!
- Zoe started pre-school! My baby is growing up! She seems to really like it and is making new friends. She told my mom recently about the boy at school that had a suit on and he was really cute! She wants to be Alton Brown, from the Food Network, when she grows up and watching him before bed has become our evening ritual. I secretly think Duffy is learning more than anyone.
- Zoe is teaching Teagan how to sing - it is the greatest thing to watch and listen to them! I love it!
All in all, things are moving along. We have a busy fall with the Girls-Get-Away weekend coming up, Uncle Dennis and Aunt Becky's Oktoberfest party and Halloween! I will TRY to be better about posting more often - Darah is my inspiration!
Monday, April 30, 2007
While Zoe was having a rough time, Teagan was being quite cute. She was sitting on my lap at the computer pretending to type - wiggling her fingers on the base of the keyboard. I can't believe that she will be 1 in two weeks - where has the time gone? Are my babies really growing up this fast?
Saturday, April 21, 2007
Thursday, April 19, 2007
Zoe just turned 3 (3/24) and is quite the busy-body! She wants to help with everything and wants to do everything herself - not a problem until she get side-tracked and is running around with a shirt and socks on but no pants!
Teagan is almost one - I can't believe how fast the time has gone. She is pretty laid back still but trying to hold her own with Zoe. She has found her voice and will start yelling if Zoe is trying to "help" her! I think things are going to be very interesting over the next few months!!