Thursday, July 17, 2008

Finally


I've been trying to get some time to sit down and actually post something for the last two weeks. Things have been crazy since we got home from our vaction. So, here is a re-cap post of all sorts of things!
  • Our vacation was great. We didn't go far but had a lot of fun. We spent a couple of days at my in-laws and the weather was great. We played outside, I got some good time in the sun (one of my most favorite activities!), visited and enjoyed playing with Zach, who is growing up really fast. My sister-in-law, Becky, is pregnant again and due a month before Zach turns 2 so life will get really fun for them!

  • Grandma June reading to Zoe and Zach

  • Next was Portland. We had a great time visiting my brother and my sister-in-law Bethany. They had to work, but we found lots to do with a day at the zoo, a trip on MAX, the inner-city commuter train, had a fun birthday party for Aunt Bethany (ate at Typhoon - super yummy Thai food and the girls rocked the chopsticks!) and got a little shopping in too! On Friday, the 4th, everyone headed to my grandmother's for an impormptu lunch with extended family then home to Sequim for great fireworks that night. Enjoyed a nice weekend at home then back to reality.



  • I worked for a few days then headed back down south to visit with family from San Diego. I got to see my aunt and uncle and some of my cousins, whom I haven't seen in years. It was so much fun visiting and watching our children play together. It made me wish we all lived closer but I was thankful for the chance to all be together.
Zoe, Cousin Savannah, Teagan

Teagan, Cousin Kallie, Cousin Taylor, Zoe & Cousin Cole

  • Now it is another weekend ahead and we have a full agenda as usual. On Saturday, we are heading to Edmonds to attend my Uncle Ben's memorial service. He was a wonderful man who loved life, his family and always a good joke. He is greatly missed and I have so many fond memories from time spent with him. His service will be a time of sharing wonderful memories but also of sadness and tears.


So that is the abbreviated version of what's been going on the past few weeks. My goal is to be better about posting and get at least one post in a week - maybe more!!!

No comments:

Facebook Update

Related Posts with Thumbnails