Wednesday, November 21, 2007
The good thing is that the girls are playing so nicely together. They have been sick off and on the past couple of weeks and even though they still are coughing, they are actually playing together and it doesn't involve screaming, pulling hair (Teagan's new thing to piss off Zoe!), or crying - oh wait, I spoke to soon! Their sisterly bond is so sweet!
Thursday, November 15, 2007
- My husband - he makes me smile everyday and is such a great friend and father.
- My girls - yes, they make my life crazy, but in a fantastic way! I am in awe everyday at all that they learn and how they make me laugh.
- My family - I have be truly blessed with great parents and in-laws.
- My siblings - my brother and all my in-law siblings. How great it is to have family that cares for one another and enjoys time together.
- My job - I love my job! I learn something new everyday and feel valued for what I do.
- My Darah - she keeps me sane even if she is 1,995 miles away! We talk almost everyday and the days we don't, I miss her! She is that one person, other than my husband, that I can totally be my dorky self with and she still loves me! How did I get so lucky? I just hope that someday, we get to live closer.
- My health - well, most of the time. Overall, I don't have any real major health issues and that is great!
Ok, I am done for now. It's not that I don't have more to be thankful for, I just have to go get ready for work and take care of sick kids!!!
Wednesday, November 7, 2007
- Zoe getting pink eye - talk about making an already dramatic child more dramatic! You would think I was trying to poke her eyeballs out with pencils by the way she acted trying to get eye drops in!
- Teagan getting a cold - a constant runny nose, sniffly, red eyed (hey, it might be pink eye!) cold. The nice thing is that Teagan is pretty happy-go-lucky, so she just kind of goes with the flow!
- Doing endless loads of laundry. I have no idea what happened but I literally did 1-3 loads of laundry everyday from Wednesday to Sunday! It sucked!
- Doing endless loads of dishes. I realize as my children get older, that we dirty more dished but come on, I ran the dishwasher at least once a day. Sometimes, I'd unload it to simply reload and run again!
- Our friends, the Moerkeseth's didn't come to visit because of the PINK EYE - (I totally understand but was totally bummed!
So, for not have any expectations, I'm really bummed with how things turned out. It's like I have these unconscious ideas of how I'll spend some free time and when it doesn't work out, I'm irritated! I guess that is life as a parent - getting used to the unexpected and learning to accept it as how your life is. And not having too many expectations...