Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Celebrating Life

We've had a very interesting and rather emotional holiday season. To say the least, I'm ready for the new year to begin and life to return to some form of normalcy (yeah, right Melissa!)


On Monday, I had an experience I've never had before. I got to celebrate life in 2 very different forms. My grandmother, Louella Rich, passed away on December 18th and her service was on Monday. It was a sad, joyous celebration of who she was and how she lived her life. It made me sad, sitting in the church that she had been a member of for 50 years, knowing that we'd never get to worship there together - but at the same time, I was happy that she wasn't suffering, she was in Heaven and that she was reconnected with all those the preceded her in death - her husband, parents, close friends and family.

After a beautiful memorial and time to visit with family, Nathan, the girls and I headed to Olympia to meet the newest addition to our family, Lainey Jean Moore. Nathan's brother and his wife celebrated the birth of their second child Monday morning and it was great to come full circle, celebrating new life.

No comments:

Facebook Update

Related Posts with Thumbnails