Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Back to reality

Since we have been married, and especially after the girls were born, Duffy and I have made it a priority to get away, just the two of us. It is so nice to have a conversation that isn't interrupted by kids, isn't over the phone or as he is falling asleep. For those that may not know, Duffy goes to work at 3:30am, so it's not like we get to hang out in the evenings after the girls are in bed. So, for us to get some time away is great. We had a great weekend and I enjoyed not having to someone breakfast or turn on the Disney channel!

The only problem was that we came home to 2 girls with colds - yippee for me. And Teagan has officially entered the terrible 2's! Yesterday marked her first "official" time out and I so wish I would have taken a picture! She was screaming about something and basically have a bit of a melt-down and Duffy picked her up and put her in her room. I thought he put her in her bed, but no, she was sitting on the floor, just inside the door crying but not moving from where he had set her. After a few minutes I heard her calm down and that was the end of time out. Isn't reality fun?

1 comment:

darah said...

I feel so bad, but that made me laugh so hard! I snorted into my coffee.

Poor girl- all those crazy feelings that she has no idea what to do with. Poor parents having to deal with it! What does Zoe think about it?

Facebook Update

Related Posts with Thumbnails