Sunday, January 2, 2011

the end of 2010

Found this on Darah's blog and liked the questions it asked, reflecting on 2010!

1. what did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?


Had a child in first grade - wow! She is amazing to me, in so many ways.  


2. did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year?

I couldn't tell you what they were, so obviously, I didn't keep them. For this next year, I plan on trying to relax more, enjoy being in the moment and being better about making time for myself, everyday.

3. did anyone close to you give birth?

Haha! My best friend, Darah had the cutest baby in March and my good friend, Shannon, had a beautiful baby girl on Dec. 31st! My sister-in-law had a cutie in Sept!


4. did anyone close to you die?

Not this year.


5. what countries did you visit?


haha. haha. I'm a mother of 3 small children. And I'm a stay at home mom. You do the math.

6. what would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?


a little more patience and peace of mind for what is, not what could be.
7. what date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?


I don't have the exact date, but Zoe's first day of first grade was a big day. I'm not a crier about stuff like that, but she just looked sad and excited and nervous at the same time! My baby is growing up!!!


8. what was your biggest achievement of the year?


Parenting 3 children while being home full-time. Wow - so much fun but it can be tough sometimes!


9. what was your biggest failure?


See above! Parenting really challenges every part of you. Just when you think you have something right, you realize you don't. Just when you are getting into a rhythm, something happens to change it.


10. did you suffer illness or injury?


Pretty healthy year other than sniffles here and there.


11. what was the best thing you bought?


My brand new down comforter. We've been wanting a new one for awhile and we happened upon a super sale at Macy's when the one we really wanted was 50% off! I've been sleeping all toasty warm at night!


12. whose behavior merited celebration?


The girls. They are growing up so fast and it's so much fun/stress to watch their little personalities come out.

Remember this - Just today, Zoe, confessed to being a part of the hair cutting incident! She said she cut Teagan's hair and lied about it. I'm impressed that she had the guts to FINALLY tell the truth.


13. whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?

people who take advantage of other people; people who only think about themselves

14. where did most of your money go?


Mortgage, paying of loans/debts, raising 3 kids.


15. what did you get really, really, really excited about?


  • Seeing Darah in April - not nearly long enough, but so much FUN to have all our kids together!
  • Girls Get-Away weekend - so much fun spending time with great women in my family.
16. what song(s) will always remind you of 2010?


The new King's of Leon album, anything from Needtobreathe and the entire Consumed album but Jesus Culture.



17. compared to this time last year, are you


i. happier or sadder?: about the same, I guess.

ii. thinner or fatter?: thinner. still have more to go though!

iii. richer or poorer?: hahahaha! poorer, but it's all good.


18. what do you wish you’d done more of?


Playing. Relaxing. Enjoying the moment. Taking more pictures.


19. what do you wish you’d done less of?


Worrying. and dishes.


20. how did you spend Christmas?


With lots of family - so much fun!



22. did you fall in love in 2010?


More and more, every day! I'm a lucky girl.
23. what was your favorite TV program?


Parenthood, In the Middle, Raising Hope



24. do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?


I don't have the time, energy or will-power to hate anyone.



25. what was the best book you read?


I read several and now I can't think of titles!!


26. what was your greatest musical discovery?


NeedToBreathe



29. what did you want and get?


New black boots



30. what did you want and not get?


A new sewing machine


31. what was your favorite film of this year?


uhhhhhhh, I don't have a freakin clue!
32. what did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?


I turned 33 and I spent time with my family - I think we had dinner - I don't honestly remember!

33. what one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?


Pretty satisfying for the most part.


34. how would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?


Laid back but current.

35. what kept you sane?


My husband - he is the perfect balance for me. All the time. And Darah.


36. which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?


ummmm. don't have a clue.



37. what political issue stirred you the most?


no comment.

38. who did you miss?


I miss Darah. Every Day. It sucks when the one person, other than my husband, that knows all the good and bad about me, and still loves me - lives so far away! I'm so thankful for email and texting because we 'talk' almost every day and she keeps me sane and encourages me and doesn't judge me for the mean or stupid things I say!! I just wish we sharing coffee and play dates more than once a year!

Someday, we WILL live in at least the same time zone!!


39. who was the best new person you met?

I actually met Leslie in 2009 but really got to know her this past year. I love her southern accent and how laid back and relaxed it is hanging out with her. I'll miss her when they move in May! Bummer!
40. tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:


Let it go. Live with grace.
41. quote a song lyric that sums up your year:


I have no idea!!

No comments:

Facebook Update

Related Posts with Thumbnails