Day 1. What does beauty mean to you?
You always think you have the answers to questions like this, but when you think about it, there is so much more to it. It's more than what you or other people see on the surface. I think it's more about what you don't see that defines beauty to me.
- God's never-ending grace and forgiveness
- laughter - not taking life too seriously and being able to laugh at yourself
- self-assurance, even when you feel scared and nervous
- feeling loved
- grace towards others
- feeling appreciated
- confidence, or at least acting like you have it! I'm always amazed when people tell me they think I'm self-confident - I NEVER feel very confident. I always second-guess myself, always feel like I'm forgetting something and worrying that I'm not doing enough.
- kindness - it goes along way and speaks SO LOUDLY to others. It speaks so much to your beauty and soul.
- patience - I need to work on this. I'm not always very patient and I don't think I'm setting a good example to the girls. You should see me in the school parking lot. Not good. Not good at all.
- unconditional love