Thursday, February 3, 2011

Day 12

Write about what wears you out as a woman.

Me.
I wear myself out. I expect a lot of myself and my to-do list is a mile long. All the time. With things on it that I'll probably never get done, but like to think I will.

I wear a lot of hats (what women doesn't) - wife, mom, sister, daughter, friend, chef, doctor, counselor, taxi driver, story-teller, house-keeper, personal shopper and bookstore employee (very part-time!). And I want to do every one of those jobs perfectly. But that is impossible. And I know that, but I still try and that wears me out. And it comes back to this, I just need to let it go. I need to continue to strive to do great things but I don't have to be perfect, I never will be.

No comments:

Facebook Update

Related Posts with Thumbnails