Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Family Dynamics

This past weekend (Memorial Day) we went camping. Well, sort of. We camped our trailer in my grandparents yard and enjoyed the comforts of their dry, warm house! We got to spend a lot of time with brother, Bethany and Izabella - It's been awhile since we could just hang out and not have a bunch of stuff going on! I'm so thankful that we all get along, have so much fun together and the girls get to grow up together - it just makes me sad when it comes to an end because I realize how far away Portland really is!

We also got to spend some time with a lot of my extended family. It's been a really long time since we've been able to spend more than an hour or two with my aunts and uncles, cousins and their kids. I love that my girls can't wait to play with their cousins and I love watching them all grow up together.

Sunday was spent celebrating Duffy's 36th birthday! He got to sleep in (a rarity at our house), play Cabella's Big Game Hunter (how he could fight of the mountain lions and not have a heart attack, I don't know!!!) enjoy great BBQ and yummy food prepared by all the great cooks in our family. His cake request (cupcakes in ice cream cones) was a big hit with all the kids and even some of the adults! At one point, we counted 28 people, including Duffy's parents (it was also his mom's birthday!!) and brother's family. We feel sooooooo blessed that our families are close in proximity and relationship to share in birthdays and holidays - it makes things so much easier when time is limited!! And I love to see everyone together - it makes my heart happy.

Now it's back our real life. Teagan finished with school this week and Zoe has 2 weeks to go. We have a busy summer full of Vacation Bible Schools, having friends come and hang out a couple of days a week, weekend trips to Grandma and Grandpa's, vacation with Dad in August (maybe another camping trip....), and oh, yeah, Harper's First Birthday in July!!! Fun times ahead!!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Oh, I wish we could have been there! So fun!

Facebook Update

Related Posts with Thumbnails