Monday, November 2, 2009

Meat Free Monday

We started doing Meat-Free Monday at our house. It's sort of fun because I get to try new vegetarian recipes (if you have good ones, PLEASE share!!!) and I find that I am way more conscious about what I'm eating.

Why did we do this, you ask??? My hubby, who isn't known for the love of reading books, is totally into David Suzuki's Green Guide, where he talks about Meat-Free Monday's as a way to cut down on carbon emissions.
Check out this link: http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2009/jun/15/paul-mccartney-meat-free-monday (Even though I'm not a vegetarian, I want the t-shirt Paul's wearing!) We thought it was a fun challenge and a great way to eat less meat as well. My only problem is that I don't think about what to make until Monday morning and then I'm rushing to come up with something that doesn't require 6-8 hours for beans to soak then cook! Oh well, it's still a fun challenge - you should try it!!


No comments:

Facebook Update

Related Posts with Thumbnails